Monday, March 23, 2009

HUGE Banner Ads!

These new 'jumbo' size banner advertisements are intense! They are definitely eye-catching though. I caught my first glimpse of one on YouTube this past week. I am still not convinced of the success of banner advertisements. I think we all need to move more towards interactive advertising. We are living in the time of the 'seeker' generation. We are on the prowl looking for the new 'big' thing, and we will find it. We are media savvy individuals that are surfing the web for hours each day. I heard about the big banner ads and went searching for them. I think the first few ads will have significant effects for the product, but as with all advertising, as more and more companies do this kind of advertising, it will get old, boring, and obnoxious to the consumers. It will slowly fall into the clutter until it is not even noticed any more. Similar to the i-phone applications, this two will being overdone and too hard to keep track of everything. What are we to do as public relations practitioners and advertisers. We must continue to be on the look out for new ways to get the attention of our audiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment